gnome crashes in the middle of a session

Hi all,

I have a recently installed version of Redhat 7.1 and I'm using Gnome
with sawfish. Sometimes (I didn't find a pattern so far, but it happened
3 times), the screen suddenly goes black and shows the login.
When I am loggin in then, it's like a new X session has been started.
All the non-X-applications are still running, so I do not think it's a
linux problem, but rather gnome-specific.

Is there anybody who had the same problem?
Is there any easy way to fix this (patch, new version, whatever...)?

Any suggestions are highly welcome.

Sincerely, Frank.