Re: Please help me!! I've posted this question 5 other places now, with not a single response!!

On Wed, 2001-11-07 at 08:48, James Simons wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm new to Linux, and installed Redhat 7.2 on a system here about a week
> ago.  Yesterday I decided to change some DNS info and after I rebooted
> it won't let me into GNOME.

make sure you have an entry in your /etc/hosts file like:

127.0.0.1	wet-pants	localhost.localdomain localhost

but replace "wet-pants" with the name of your computer.

jacob
--
"Beat mixing is 10000 times more fun than even video games."
	-- bt