Re: Please help me!! I've posted this question 5 other places now, with not a single response!!

James Simons wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> Additionally, I decided to install RH 7.2 on  my system that I have at
> home.  During boot up, it connects to Road Runner through my NIC and
> gets a ip address.  When it does get an ip address it won't take me into
> GNOME wither.  It says c login: and when I do log in I am root c   When
> the NIC doesn't get an ip from road runner (unplugged the cable) I
> bypass the command prompt and go into GNOME.  This is really getting
> frustrating ;-)

Hmmh, could not help you, that GNOME doesn't work when you are connected
to the net, but I could
tell you that you should do always a "startx" (without the quotes of
course) or even try,
"gnome-session", this should normally bring you into Gnome.

Carsten
--
Registered Linux User #228992