Re: Making a "world wide" configuration?

Telsa Gwynne <hobbit aloss ukuu org uk> writes:

> This will depend on what version of Gnome you're trying to switch to,
> I suspect. At least, a year or two ago, I was told "gconf will make
> this easier". And gconf is now here.

GConf will make this easier... for apps that use it. Which is
currently only Nautilus.

For Nautilus, you can (as root) set up defaults using gconftool.
There's not a very nice UI yet, but a long bash script calling
gconftool over and over should work fine.

e.g., set /foo/bar to the integer 10 by default:
  gconftool --config-source=xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults \
            --type=int --set /foo/bar 10

(run this as root)

These defaults will affect all systems using the given /etc.

Havoc