Re: gnome-core 1.4.0.3 available

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 04:45:14PM +0200, Remi Cohen-Scali wrote:
> Actually I have been browsing the code and I realized it was a problem of the dentry
> widget.
> It seems the widget do not emit a signal when the file entry one (changed) is received.
> Is it really what happening ?
> Thanks for your explanations

OK, the issues are complex.  The standard gnome icon entry does not actually
have a real changed signal.  By some stroke of dementia we made the entry in
the browse dialog box theentry the icon entry gets the icon from.  This meant
that if you bind to the changed signal there, it's very simple to get the icon
button and the actual icon out of sync.  So what I do is a very ugly hack with
juggling two icon entries.  What it seems to me is that I'm forgetting to check
changes on the entry when ok is pressed.

George