Re: icon labels.

On 24 Mar 2001 13:31:39 -0500, Ben FrantzDale wrote:

> Ahh. Ok. That makes more sense. You basicly want transparent text labels
> on desktop icons. I forget which version of Gnome comes with RedHat 6.0,
> but I suspect it's somewhat out of date. You might want to try going to
> Ximian.com and getting a newer version of gnome. I forget which version
> of GMC (Gnome Midnight Commander--the file manager) supports transparent
> text on the desktop, but there is one that does.

Support for transparent icons and text labels goes back quite a way in
gmc I think, but setting it up isn't obvious.

Open a gmc window (such as "Home Directory"), select
Settings->Preferences, and on the Desktop tab select "Use Shaped Text"

Mike

--
Mike Newman, Weston-super-Mare, UK | http://www.gtnorthern.demon.co.uk