Re: icon labels.

On 24 Mar 2001 13:39:27 +0530, G Annamalai wrote:
> Ben FrantzDale <bfrantzdale hmc edu> writes:
>
> > On 22 Mar 2001 21:34:58 +0530, Annamalai G wrote:
> > > Greetings to All.
> > >
> > > I am using gnome desktop, and enlightenment wm.
> > >
> > > I would like to change the labels that appear below the icons (its
> > > background and stuff).  Can anybody point me in the right direction?
> >

> > I'm not quite sure what you mean. I assume you mean the names of the
> > desktop icons? In that case you should be able to right click on them
> > and rename them or else click on the icon text ala Windows to change it.
> >
> > If that's not what you mean, please clarify.
>
> Actually my background color is dark blue.  And my icons label have
> a white background.  This looks odd.  I'd like to change the background
> _color_ of the labels so that it blends properly with my desktop
> background color.
>
> To just help you help me,  I am using gnome (that comes with RedHat6.0
> distribution) and the enlightenment wm.
>
> Hope you could help.
>
> Thanks for the effort.

Ahh. Ok. That makes more sense. You basicly want transparent text labels
on desktop icons. I forget which version of Gnome comes with RedHat 6.0,
but I suspect it's somewhat out of date. You might want to try going to
Ximian.com and getting a newer version of gnome. I forget which version
of GMC (Gnome Midnight Commander--the file manager) supports transparent
text on the desktop, but there is one that does.

--Ben