Re: Gnome Confused about Window Managers

On 21 Mar 2001 19:50:09 -0800, Daniel Russel wrote:
> I have my default window manager set to be enlightenment, but every time I
> log out and back in it runs sawfish instead. If I go to the gnome
> configuration tool, it reports that Enlightenment is the current window
> manager, and if I switch to Sawfish and then back to Enlightenment,
> everything works.
> Also, when sawfish is my window manager, I can't configure it since the
> sawfish panels in the gnome configuration tool report that sawfish is not
> running, even when it is.
> Thanks
>               Daniel

Hard to answer without knowing what version of Gnome you are running....

Bart
Good point. I am running 1.2 from Redhat 7. Just to add more detail, other users of my machine can use Sawfish and configure it without any problem. Also, I have tried deleting all the gnome files associated with my account that I could find (~/.gnome ~/.sawfish /tmp/drussel-orbit or something like that), but that made no difference for either problem. I can't just make myself a new account since the names and ids have to match with other local machines. Also, I have no problem with sawfish configuration on other machines which share a home directory with this one and have very similar setups, however the Enlightenment confusion may have started immediately following my first such login to another machine (which did not have enlightenment installed). Thanks.