Re: Two newbie questions

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 04:00:11AM +0000 or thereabouts, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> (1) GNOME does not remember my desktops correctly,
> eg windows on one desktop are often transferred --
> on logging out and in again -- to another desktop.

Gah. Know the problem. Can't help. With WindowMaker it's even better.
However many workspaces I closed the session with, I get one when I
restart it and everything clustered onto that one workspace.

> (2) I cannot cut-and-paste from one window to another,
> though I can always cut-and-paste to Netscape>File>Open page .

How are you trying to cut and paste? Apologies if this is teaching
grandmothers to suck eggs, but are you familiar with how cut and
paste works in X? I gather it's somewhat different from how Windows
does it. And what are you trying to cut and paste between?

Telsa