Re: Evolution & movemail

On 19 Mar 2001 06:39:30 +0300, Dmitry G . Mastrukov wrote:
> На Пнд, 19 Мар 2001 03:20:58 Jeffrey Stedfast написал:
> > On 18 Mar 2001 22:58:56 +0300, Dmitry G . Mastrukov wrote:
> > > Hi All!
> > >
> > > Is Evolution able to deal with existing mboxes without moving
> > mail?
> >
> > Sure, you have a couple of choices (some better than others):
> >
> > 1. add yourself to the mail group
> > 2. chmod 1777 /var/spool/mail
> Strange, I'm always member of mail group and have 1777 on
> /var/spool/mail

Okay, I guess I misunderstood you. You're complaining that Evolution
sucks all the mail out of /var/spool/mail/$USER by itself, even without
the use of a movemail program. I thought you were complaining that
Evolution had to use an external movemail program for you (because
Evolution wasn't able to lock /var/spool/mail by itself).

> > 3. setuid evolution* (not recommended AT ALL)
> Fully agree with "not recommended"
>
> > 4. configure procmail to copy mail to a location specifically meant
> > for
> > Evo to import it
> So I'll have to dup my messages?

Currently, yes. However, we are working on a way so that you won't have
to.

Jeff