Re: Evolution & movemail

On 18 Mar 2001 22:58:56 +0300, Dmitry G . Mastrukov wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Is Evolution able to deal with existing mboxes without moving mail?

Sure, you have a couple of choices (some better than others):

1. add yourself to the mail group
2. chmod 1777 /var/spool/mail
3. setuid evolution* (not recommended AT ALL)
4. configure procmail to copy mail to a location specifically meant for
Evo to import it

> First, I have procmail and it delivers my mail to some mboxes
> (gnome-list for example). Second, I simply want to use not only Evo
> but balsa, pine or mutt with my inbox. With movemail Evo is pretty
> useless for me :(

I don't see why you couldn't do #4 above.

> IMHO movemail is wrong way. UNIX way is the ability to do work by some
> differnt ways.

Why is movemail wrong? movemail is ONE of the "different" ways you imply
in your second sentence. I gave you 4 other ways you could do it and I'm
sure there are others. Yea, some of them are not very good security wise
but they are still options.

> Dmitry
>
> PS. What is about IMAP and movemail. I fear to let Evolution to
> process my IMAP localnet folder.

Evolution handles IMAP fine...

Jeff