Re: GNOME Weirdness

On 15 Mar 2001, George Farris wrote:

> How about an area in the file manager like a button or square that you
> can drag files to and then copy them back out.  A temporary holding
> space so to speak.  At any rate window to window dragging remains a
> pain.

You mean like the drag well in NeXTStep.  The Gnome guys could learn a LOT
from the organization and navigation of the NeXTStep OS.  NeXT had
one of the simplest, cleanest, most intuitive interfaces around.  I find
the Gnome panel and other navigation methods to be inconsistant and
counterintuitive.

 -- John

John T. Nelson                   Lexonia Internet Services LLC
email: jnelson lexonia com       PO Box 9007
web:   http://www.lexonia.net/   McLean VA, 22102

                Lexonia Internet Services
        Your choice for affordable web hosting, email
                  and dedicated servers