Re: Out-of-control Panel

I saw that some of you are having similar problems to me.
Here's my list of problems:
1. Can't change themes because I can't make any changes inside of Control
Panel with Sawfish. Everything else in Control Panel works though.

2. Desk guide doesn't work. I can try and add it, but all that shows up is
a little dot on my panel.

Don't know whats wrong with #1 but #2 is probably because when I ran an
update on my system which runs Debian, it updated my ximian-gnome
packages with regular gnome packages because they are now newer than the ximian-gnome packages. Therefore, most of my ximian-gnome
packages have been replaced by gnome packages. This is the second time in
the last month
this has happened. It never happened before. I thnik the ximian developers
are spending all their time on Evolution and Red carpet and they aren't
keeping up with gnome now.

Plus they changed locations of the packages for gnome 1.4 beta 1. So my
helix-gnome stuff was not updating and my packages were being replaced
with the regular gnome. I wonder if the same thing is happening again and
I just don't know where to get the updated packages from.