re:destkop power savings functions

& you must put ( there are other ways i think don't recall command at
moment ) xhost + localhost in startup script somewhere do not recall at
moment i think? /etc/profile......

someone brought to my attention and rightfully so that xhost has nothing
to do with power saving......I trully thought this was how to achieve
this but after re-inspecting on my machine its not doing it either

my monitor will power down  just tested kde but not gnome  at

anyway inquiring minds still need to know I guess..:)..........i'm using
stock gnome from RH7.1.......