Problems with xterms in latest Simian Gnome

I saw a mention of this earlier before I upgraded, I thought, but
haven't seen it in mail that I haven't deleted.  Is there a way to
return the system to allowing on the fly changing of font sizes in
xterms by control/right mouse button and changing scroll bar status
with control/middle mouse button?

Just prefer the XFree86 xterm as it was to the Gnome terminal,
especially for slrn and mutt, with the functionality not stripped
away.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net