Re: gnome-terminal dimensions

cdvr pobox com wrote:

> I don't think I've ever got the position part to work. I tried again
> now, with twm as well as sawfish, gnome-terminal --geometry 80x44+0+0.
> The size is correct, the position is ignored. This is with
> gnome-terminal from gnome-core-1.4.0.4-ximian.1
>
> If I'm doing something stupid, maybe somebody could point it out and
> I'll go and stand in the corner.

Hmmm, works fine for me. (gnome-core-1.4.0.4-2mdk and enlightenment
wm).  One note regarding the default location/size, I've not followed
this thread very carefully, so if someone has suggested this already,
I'll go stand in the corner with Chris.  Anyway, it's a hack, but you
could put a shell script in your path ahead of the actual gnome-terminal
that is called gnone-terminal which consists of:

/usr/bin/gnome-terminal --geometry 80x44+0+0

You could also make it a bit smarter by having it place each successive
window in a different spot.

--
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric denali atlnet com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein