Re: Changing the resolution!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: "Eric Roberge" <eroberge infoplus qc ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 06:54:04 -0500
To:  <gnome-list gnome org>
Subject: Changing the resolution!!!

> Hello, my name is Eric and i would like to know HOW to change the resolution in GNOME???
> What i see is very big, and didn't fit in my screen!!!  Can i change for 640x480 or more???
> If yess, HOW to change this??
>

> Thanks!
Hi Eric,
	This isn't really a function of Gnome, but rather X itself.  From the command line try running "XF86Setup" (w/o quotes, but case sensitive).  You will find a place in there (mode, I believe) where you can choose multiple resolutions.
HTH,
Mike

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us
to be happy."
  --Benjamin Franklin