Re: Rere: i was compiling my kernels for 4 days

OK, now, we know why you want linux.
1) about disk space
maybe you have some rpms you don't need? For instance I got mysql AND
postgres
as RDB on install and firewall !

you can get a description of all your rpms installed with
rpm -q -a -i > /tmp/rpm_info.txt
and see the contents, there is a description for each module
Maybe you will find someones unusefull.

2) about your sound card
It will be a good idea to give its model and any information you have on
it.
Is this sound card specific to ppc or your architecture ?
did you visit http://www.alsa-project.org/
and look for information on google or ragging search

Good luck
JRC

--
Nur der Kleingeist hält Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos.
Seuls les petits esprits aiment l'ordre, le génie maitrîse le chaos.