RE: Slow user fast root. Woody

On 30 Aug 2001 12:29:53 -0700, Ryan Marsh wrote:
> I think the OAF server is supposed to stay running. All I know is, the
> longer it's been running the slower it is to startup apps that use OAF.
>
> I usually run oaf-slay every time before I start evolution, that way it
> doesn't take five minutes to start. It's not like my disk is thrashing
> or the processor is pegged either. Maybe there's a race condition or
> something.

Same here. Also, on my machine, I sometimes find more and more oafd
processes starting for no reason. At the end of the day, there are like
9 to 11 oafd-processes. If I oaf-slay, nautilus and evolution restart,
and I'm back to 1-2 oafd processos and everything works much faster.
What gives?

	= Loban

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
|  loban earthling net, loban ugcs caltech edu,  http://i.am/loban  |