RE: Please shut up or answer this: how to unsubscribe

> Message: 3
> From: "Nicolas E. Fosdick" <nfosdick yahoo com>
> To: "Stephen Villano" <steve LWR yi org>,
>         "Gnome-List (E-mail)" <gnome-list gnome org>
> Subject: RE: Please shut up or answer this: how to unsubscribe
> Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:16:19 -0700
>
> I have never heard so much fucking bitching ever.  You people that are
> bitching about how stupid people are make me sick.  I guess since you are so
> perfect and know everthing that you never make a mistake.  Computers are
> everything, and you are computer gods.  Shut the fuck up...shit!

I hear where you are comming from, but yelling and screaming doesn't
help anyone.  I only noticed this thread after the above subject, which
does in no way make me want to help you....I don't know if you tried to
be nicer before or what, but that subject just screams "Flame the hell
out of me please!!"

I think what many members of this list fail to realise is that the fancy
unsubscribe system does not always work.  Just the other day I speant
hours trying to get the postgres email to do what I wanted (all I wanted
was the command to unset digest mode).  And three days ago I went
through all the form crap to unsubscribe from the glx user list (since
the only thing comming out ef it was spam)...I just got another message
from it *today*

The fact that there is no directions at the bottom of messages comming
from this list is just plain stupid.  It is no wonder this guy doesn't
know how to do it.  Sure, some people still can't figure it out even
when the directions are in plain sight, but just because it would take a
moron not to realize that smoking is going to kill you...they still
require that message on the side of the box.  I would say the the means
for unsubscription from a mailing list would not be so obvious and
definately should be here, and how dificult is it to put another line in
the script that says "send a message to gnome-list gnome org with
subject : Unsubscribe" or however it is done?