Re: Any HTML Editors required?

> Hey all,
>
>[...]
> So what my mail is really about (besides trying to secretly publicize my
> project) is wether there is really a "market" for an HTML Editor. If so
> I would continue development (maybe into the Gnome2 platform too). If
> not, I may just, may just drop the project (it'll really be hard to do
> that).
hey;

clear answer: yes and no.

here the details:

(1) for gnome/gtk there exists at least too serious html editors which are able to help typing correct html: bluefish and screem
(2) at least screem has not been updated for a very long time: it seems that it has reached the same state as your project: the work is too hard.
(3) bluefish is very sophisticated: if your application should have a chance, it should offer more features than that html-editor.
(4) but that, what's really nescessary for the gnome-world, is a good and sophisticated xml-editor. perhaps you can change your aim by saving the already done work?

salut bis denne

--
/\/\   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ karsten reincke
 \/    http://www.karubik.de/gig/index.html