Re: Any HTML Editors required?

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 06:51:25PM +0530, Archit Baweja wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> For almost an year or so, I've been working on an HTML Editor by the
> name Peacock. Now in its upcoming version (0.4), it will include
> "Preview Functionality" using GtkHTML among host of other basic,
> HTML Editor features.

  I suggest to use gtkhtml2 instead to get at least CSS rendering.
GtkHTML was not designed to be a full-blown HTML rendering widget,
gtkhtml2 is.
   http://gtkhtml2.codefactory.se/

  It should also be easier to upgrade it to new specifications from
the W3C like XHTML.

> So what my mail is really about (besides trying to secretly publicize my
> project) is wether there is really a "market" for an HTML Editor. If so
> I would continue development (maybe into the Gnome2 platform too). If
> not, I may just, may just drop the project (it'll really be hard to do
> that).
>
> So. What say thee, the users of Gnome?

  I'm currently an Amaya user, it may take a bit of time before I get
convinced to use another HTML editing toolkit because it allows me to:
   - load a page
   - display it graphically
   - modify it directly in the rendered view
   - save back the resource using PUT in a single button click.
 I.e. fixing a page for a typo or something like that take less than
30 seconds, including the time to load the application.
   http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

  But I will certainly try out other options,

Daniel