Re: ANNOUNCE: GDM 2.2.3.2, the "Bugfree and Usable" release

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 08:07:15PM +0200, Jens Stroebel wrote:
> > I've also changed the titlebar to be a lot
> > cooler looking (yes I'm being very subjective here).  Plus there are some
> > other fixes and improvements of course.
>
> well that's  .. what was the word I've been looking for....
>
> 		!! UGLY !!
>
> I already noticed the evolution-crew being in steady
> "imitate-the-features-and-look" race concerning the wind-blows...
>
> 	But this title-bar is a real slap in the face :)
>
> 	(...off to look through the code to at least
> 		change this terribly blueish color, there...)
>
> 		[..snippy...]

Actually I wasn't looking to impersonate windows.  Anyway, the color used is
the standard GTK+ selection color, and will be different if you have a theme
with a different selection color.  Plus I kind of like the blue color :)

I don't know about evolution, but I implement features and even look and feel
based on what I consider it's merit, not because someone did it or didn't do
it.  I think it would be stupid to not do something just because windows does
it.

I also have not used windows for the past 5 years or so (except for cursing
at them trying to make my mom's computer work), so I kind of can't tell when
I'm impersonating them.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.