Re: Evolution and Procmail- can they work together?

Am 13 Aug 2001 19:20:28 -0400 schrieb Jeffrey Stedfast:
> On 14 Aug 2001 00:10:48 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Am 13 Aug 2001 22:55:59 +0100 schrieb Sander Vesik:
> > > On 13 Aug 2001, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> > >
> > > [snip]

> > But you could assist him: It would probably not be difficult to let
> > evolution generate procmail-rules.
>
> But reading them back in would be a nightmare. The sad fact is that if
> we were to write out procmail rules, we'd need to be able to parse
> what's already there so we don't just blindly overwrite it with the
> filters the user defined in Evolution.

Not necessarily. You could generate a .procmailrc.evo to be included by
a user's main ~/.procmailrc. This .procmailrc.evo could then be unter
full control of evolution's internal mechanisms.

I.e. store the rule somewhere outside of a user's .procmailrc and tell
users not to touch an evolution generated .procmailrc.

Users then would have to use a ~/.procmailrc similar to this
..
# filtering spam to /dev/null
INCLUDERC=$HOME/.procmailrc.spam
# filtering into evolution's mboxes