Re: Evolution and Procmail- can they work together?

On 13 Aug 2001 22:55:59 +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
> On 13 Aug 2001, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Because it's important to have a good integrated filtering solution
> > rather than a half-assed hacked up fork()/exec() of procmail. Not to
> > mention, can we really be able to expect the average computer user to
> > `man procmail` to write some simple filtering rules? No.
> >

> Wow, this is so cool to hear. I'm sure everybody will just rejoice hearing
> that from now on all server side filtering is strictly forbidden cause our
> friends the "mail client with integrated filtering" writers can't be
> bothered to learn how every other non-braindead mail reader on the planet
> manages to cope with procmail.

Who said anything about not being able to do server-side filtering just
because you happen to be running Evolution? That makes no sense...I hope
you realise this.

Do you really mean to tell me EVERY other mailer copes with procmail?
Because I can come up with a list of hundreds of mail clients that don't
(just read freshmeat.net and sourceforge.net's list of mail clients for
names).

And since you're so enlightened as to how to actually write a good
backend to handle some foreign program modify your spool god-knows when
without telling you, perhaps you can pass along this knowledge?

> And it is apparetly totally ok to just screw people whose system local
> delivery agent is procmail (whetever they use filters or no).

And apparently it's ok to spout off without actually knowing any of the
details?

Your accusation is simply not true at all. Have you read anything I've
said? I explained how to do this earlier in the thread. I'll leave it up
to you to actually go back and read it.

I'm beginning to think you are out to flame Evolution every chance you
get, while at the same time lacking evidence to support your flamage.

Jeff