Re: Evolution and Procmail- can they work together?

On 14 Aug 2001 00:10:48 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Am 13 Aug 2001 22:55:59 +0100 schrieb Sander Vesik:
> > On 13 Aug 2001, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Not to
> > > mention, can we really be able to expect the average computer user to
> > > `man procmail` to write some simple filtering rules? No.
> But you could assist him: It would probably not be difficult to let
> evolution generate procmail-rules.

But reading them back in would be a nightmare. The sad fact is that if
we were to write out procmail rules, we'd need to be able to parse
what's already there so we don't just blindly overwrite it with the
filters the user defined in Evolution.

I have a hard time just parsing my own imap server-side procmail rules,
let alone anything that might be super complex. It's just a complete
mess IMHO.

Jeff