Evolution and OAF performance issues...

My computer has two people that login at the console. We both use
evolution. The typical scenario is user1 logs in checks email with
evolution, logs out. user2 logs in checks email with evolution and logs
out.  With user1 evolution starts up very quickly (because it has not
been run yet since the last bootup). For user2 it will take a looong
time to startup. If user2 runs oaf-slay and then runs evolution it
starts up quickly.  Also it usually takes 30 seconds after clicking the
"Compose" button before the composer window opens (same experience with
"Reply").

I sense the problem is with OAF but I expereinced the problem with
evolution so that's how I'll file the bug report.

The system in question is:
Red Hat 7.1
latest Ximian Gnome (via red carpet updates)
PII 450MHz, ~200 MB RAM

It's on a broadband connection so I'd be willing to give the bug fixer a
shell account with witch they can run their own gnome session and see
for themselves and possibly debug it.

I filed a bug #7226

--
Regards,
-ryan

The three great virtues of programming are laziness, impatience,
and hubris, but bigotry makes the open-source world go round.