Re: Evolution and Procmail- can they work together?

On 13 Aug 2001 19:33:55 -0500, Jamin Philip Gray wrote:

> > > Agreed.  But can Evolution's filtering system do everything procmail
> > > can, or at least most?  For example, I've been trying to figure out
> > > how to do the following:
> > >
> > > :0
> > > *^From:.*(someone somewhere\ com|another address\ com|etc etc\ com)
> > > /var/mail/jamin
> > > :0:
> > > junk
> >
> > Criteria:
> > [Regex Match] [Message Header] [^From:.*(someone...)]
> >
> > Action:
> > [Move to Folder] [junk]
> >
> > Or at least I think that should work...
>
> Won't that move the mails from my trusted addresses to junk?  I want
> the opposite..If it matches move to inbox, ELSE move to junk.  It's
> quite easy in procmail...I just am not familiar with Evo's handlers.

doh! my bad ;-)

it's possible, but it gets a bit trickier (you need to know the internal
filter expressions).

so, I think what you actually want is:

[Expression] [(match-all (not (header-regex ("^From:.*(someone...)")))]

Or something like that at least. I need to sit down and document all the
filter commands so that Aaron can get them in the docs.

Jeff