Re: Evolution and Procmail- can they work together?

On 13 Aug 2001 12:20:30 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

> The reason you can't just dump mail into Evolution's folders is because
> it keeps a summary of them and if you append to the mbox without
> updating the summary files, then they get out of sync. Not to mention
> Evolution uses file locking, I'm not sure whether or not procmail does?

I got it working, Procmail dumping into Evolution's folders, but as you
said, the files have been out of sync a couple of times and I believe a
few mails never showed up.  My logs show one was delivered, but
Evolution never got it.

I will look into having Evolution import my mail somehow.  I am not sure
how I would do that, and Evolution's filters don't seem to work yet.

--
Andrew