Re: Evolution and Procmail- can they work together?

On 13 Aug 2001 11:00:37 +0200, christophe barbé wrote:
> You are going to discover that even if evolution uses mbox (you can choose
> the format), procmail is not well supported.
> Evolution will not noticed new mails. Evolution will rescan each mailbox
> touched by procmail at each startup and this can take a long time.
>
> Christophe

What you really want to do is filter into an mbox and have Evolution
import it. *Or*, you could tell evolution to use these filtered mbox
files as "spool"'s and use them that way.

The reason you can't just dump mail into Evolution's folders is because
it keeps a summary of them and if you append to the mbox without
updating the summary files, then they get out of sync. Not to mention
Evolution uses file locking, I'm not sure whether or not procmail does?

Jeff