Re: evolution build complains about oaf version

> > > What do you get when you run oaf-config --version ?
> > >
> > > If it returns the proper version, I'd make sure you don't have two
> > > copies of it installed in two different locations (like /usr/lib and
> > > /usr/local/lib) and if it's installed twice, uninstall it from the
> > > location that's not the gnome path.  Or, you could reinstall OAF because
> > > maybe part of it was removed when you (if you) removed other packages.
> >
> > Turns out I don't have oaf-config at all, as it appears to be missing from
> > the current version of the Raw Hide RPM for oaf.
>
> Actually, this isn't quite true. What has happened is that oaf-config has
> been moved from oaf to oaf-devel (which, I guess, is where it belongs). My
> system somehow got confused when I upgraded the packages so that I ended up
> without this file.

Can you now compile Evolution?

> > I tried to build oaf from CVS sources instead, but it failed as follows:
> >
> >      % ./autogen.sh
> >      ./autogen.sh: gnome-autogen.sh: No such file or directory
> >
> > Now, what does this mean? Where does gnome-autogen.sh come from?

If you check out oaf from CVS using the oaf-stable-0-6 tag.  I'm not
sure about the gnome-autogen.sh file..may be part of the upcoming oaf
for Gnome 2.0.

HTH,
--
Stephen Williams
mailto:rootusr midsouth rr com

* I've tried killing time, but it keeps making a comeback.