Re: evolution build complains about oaf version

"Stephen M. Williams" wrote:

> > > Turns out I don't have oaf-config at all, as it appears to be missing from
> > > the current version of the Raw Hide RPM for oaf.
> >
> > Actually, this isn't quite true. What has happened is that oaf-config has
> > been moved from oaf to oaf-devel (which, I guess, is where it belongs). My
> > system somehow got confused when I upgraded the packages so that I ended up
> > without this file.
> >

> Can you now compile Evolution?

Not yet.

     configure: error:

     You need GAL 0.10.0 or higher to build Evolution
     If you think you already have this installed, consult the README.

*SIGH* I just wish there was a way of building and installing this stuff without
upgrading _everything_ else...

> > > I tried to build oaf from CVS sources instead, but it failed as follows:
> > >
> > >      % ./autogen.sh
> > >      ./autogen.sh: gnome-autogen.sh: No such file or directory
> > >
> > > Now, what does this mean? Where does gnome-autogen.sh come from?
> > >

> If you check out oaf from CVS using the oaf-stable-0-6 tag.  I'm not
> sure about the gnome-autogen.sh file..may be part of the upcoming oaf
> for Gnome 2.0.

I gave up on this one since the Raw Hide version seems just fine after I
re-installed it.