Re: evolution build complains about oaf version

> On 06 Aug 2001 15:22:34 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> > Here's what happens when I try to run autogen.sh for the latest
> > evolution sources:
> >
> >      checking for ldap_open in -lldap... yes
> >      checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... (cached) yes
> >      checking for SunOS broken spool format... no
> >      checking for Bonobo... 1.0.7 found
> >      checking for OAF... not found
> >      configure: error:
> >
> >      You need OAF 0.6.2 or higher to build Evolution
> >      If you think you already have this installed, consult the
> >      README.
> >
> > ... but as you can see here, oaf installation should be OK:
> >
> >      % rpm -q oaf oaf-devel
> >      oaf-0.6.5-8
> >      oaf-devel-0.6.5-3
> >
> > Any idea what is wrong?
> >
> > --
>
> What do you get when you run oaf-config --version ?
>
> If it returns the proper version, I'd make sure you don't have two
> copies of it installed in two different locations (like /usr/lib and
> /usr/local/lib) and if it's installed twice, uninstall it from the
> location that's not the gnome path.  Or, you could reinstall OAF because
> maybe part of it was removed when you (if you) removed other packages.

Turns out I don't have oaf-config at all, as it appears to be missing from
the current version of the Raw Hide RPM for oaf.

I tried to build oaf from CVS sources instead, but it failed as follows:

     % ./autogen.sh
     ./autogen.sh: gnome-autogen.sh: No such file or directory

Now, what does this mean? Where does gnome-autogen.sh come from?

--
Toralf Lund <toralf kscanners com>  +47 66 85 51 22
Kongsberg Scanners AS               +47 66 85 51 00 (switchboard)