Re: Frustrated Pilot user

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> tshanno luc edu (2001-04-14 at 2154.24 -0500):
> > I don't think its a permissions issue.

> Normaly serial ports are ttyS0 and ttyS1 (Unix, C and others like to
> start at 0, not 1). ttyS2 and up are serial ports you install with
> serial cards, or are taken by extra hw, like internal modems (they are
> another serial port, after all). You can also use symlinks, it is a
> nice way to configure all things once, then be able to play with hw
> without reconfiguring apps.

It was indeed ttyS0 which I had thought was assigned to another port
but I guess not.  I had tried ttyS0 just to make sure but it still
didn't work.

Despite what I said, the problem turned out to be a permissions issue.
After "chmod 666 /dev/ttyS0" everything worked well.

Thanks for the quick response.

Tom
--
Quote of the day for April 14th, 2001
We're here for a good time not a long time