Re: GnomeICU first time with non-default server.

Thanks, Manuel,

Please see below.

Manuel Clos <llanero jazzfree com> writes:
> Sergei Organov wrote:
>
> > I have trouble running gnomeicu on Debian Linux first time. As I'm behind
> > firewall, I need to specify different server/port for gnomeicu, but the
> > only way to do it that I've found in manual is through gnomeicu
> > menu. However, I can't get the menu as gnomeicu just stays waiting for
> > responce from server on startup and doesn't go further :-( So it seems
> > that to change server/port I need to run gnomeicu and to run gnomeicu I
> > need to change server/port...  How do I solve this?
> >

> Deconfigure your default route, if gnomeicu can reach the server in a couple
> of minutes, it will stop trying and will accept your input.

Instead I've asked admin to temporarily open access to the server and now
everything works fine. However, I think that command-line option for gnomeicu
to start without trying to connect would be great (or command-line option to
specify server/port to connect to). Just a suggestion.

> Also, you can edit your ~/.gnome/GnomeICU configuration file, search for

There were no such file until I successfully started gnomeicu first time :-(
And I didn't find description of the file in documentation.

> [Toggles]
> ConnectStartup=true
>
> and change it to false. This will prevent the initial connect.

Now, when you've explained it, it's possible to do it. But it seems that there
is no description of the configuration file in the documentation, so it's
impossible to do without help from somebody who knows.

Thanks again.

BR,
Sergei.