Re: HD Crash Related to Gnome?

jay dokodiner com (2001-04-08 at 1009.25 -0400):
> If it's not software, I assume it's a thermal issue, though this machine

It could be that. If the system is doing a lot of things, like
screensaver and medusa, problably heat is an issue. A heat peak and
boom. But any task can rise computer temperature, not only GNOME, I
can "see" it when rendering images.

You could run a croned app that reads the thermal sensors (if the MoBo
has them), and save data to a file, so at least you get the graph of
last minutes. I am using GKrellM, but it does not save info, and I do
not know any GNOME app for this.

GSR