redcarpet and redhat channel

What's the deal with the RedHat 7.0 channel in RedCarpet?

I haven't checked RedHat's update site for a few weeks since I have
expected regular checks of the RH 7.0 channel in RedCarpet to inform me
of any available updates.  For kicks I went to the RedHat site today,
and noticed several updates, including one to openssh!

I realize RedCarpet is still a beta product, but I kinda expect the few
currently existing channels it uses to be up to date.  Would I be better
off to NOT use it until it's in 1.0 release, if even then?

-EJR