Re: redcarpet and redhat channel

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, at 10:50 (GMT -0600), Joshua Rigler wrote:

> What's the deal with the RedHat 7.0 channel in RedCarpet?
>
> I haven't checked RedHat's update site for a few weeks since I have
> expected regular checks of the RH 7.0 channel in RedCarpet to inform me
> of any available updates.  For kicks I went to the RedHat site today,
> and noticed several updates, including one to openssh!
>
> I realize RedCarpet is still a beta product, but I kinda expect the few
> currently existing channels it uses to be up to date.  Would I be better
> off to NOT use it until it's in 1.0 release, if even then?

If yours is a production system, or misssion critical, or if it's just
working well and you like it that way, the don't use Red Carpet, let the
people that can afford to beta test it.

You could up2date instead, it never failed me, but there's always a first
time eh :)

--

    If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
                     ..., Oh wait, he already does.