CORBA (Gnome) and COM (Win32)

Folks!
I am asking the crowd for a little help here. I am now in the process of
drafting a huge paper with recomendations to high ranking bosses on what
IT path the company needs to proceed. A part of this report addresses an
issue on component software architecture. The company now has some custom
made software that uses COM and functions under Windows. On the other
hand, there is an alternative way -- to use CORBA and function in Linux
(and GNOME) environment.

Does anyone have some good arguments on why CORBA is better than COM ---
something that I at some point read before.

Thanks a lot in advance,
		Sergei