Re: Slow applets

>   If you have a "slow" machine you should consider not running all those
> nice panel applets with those useless features (do you realy need to know
> the weather?, for example). Applets use memory more than CPU time, but
> this is important too. It does not matter how fast is your CPU if it have
> to switch pages to disk all the time.
>   Don't know if this is your problem but a friend of mine once told me he
> couldn't believe how fast my computer was. He couldn't understand how he,
> having a PII-300 32Mb, run gnome slower than me. Of couse he was using a
> pixmap theme (looked great of course) and six or seven useless applets,
> like gnome-weather which uses up to 5Mb of RAM.
>
>   Alfonso

 Agree with you here!
Who the hell writes those dumb applets? How the **** little applet can eat whole 5 megs of RAM???? This jsut pisses me off. Abi World eats something around 5
megs!!
I gueess, those applet writers got their hands growing from the wrong place.

 Grrrrrrrrrr....................

Same thing about Pixmap themes, only crazy people can work in such a slowliness. On my P2-333 I can't afford myself using one of those cool Pixmap themes. So
I use some pretty cool "basic" themes, but still, M$ is faster :(