galeon is not connecting to localhost

hi there,

I tried galeon for the last week or so, when I type http://localhost/
it says "user has stopped the connection" or something like this and
then calls some Netcape site.

Rather strange, isnīt it?

I also wondered, that galeon is rather slow. Is it because I am using
binary rpm installation method? Or is it that corba is so slow?

When I started up galeon the first time after booting, it took about
70 seconds (I counted myself) and some popup window comes up for at
least 2 times, telling me, that some process is not launching, and
that I might want to remove or cancel it.

amd 233 mhz, 64 mgs,

greetings, olaf