What widget to display database results?

Hi all,

I'm just starting with the gnome environment (using C) and the project
is database related. What I would like to know is what widget to use
to see SQL query results in a nice grid-style table. If anyone has any
samples with callbacks so that clicking on a data item will invoke
funcX(paramX)
that'd be fantastic.

This whole Gnome thing is wonderful - I really hope it's as hugely successful
as
it deserves to be !!

Thanks in advance,

Mark.
P.S. I've got Havoc's book. Can anyone recommend an equally good complementary
one?