Re: What widget to display database results?

> Hi all,
>
> I'm just starting with the gnome environment (using C) and the project
> is database related. What I would like to know is what widget to use
> to see SQL query results in a nice grid-style table. If anyone has any
> samples with callbacks so that clicking on a data item will invoke
> funcX(paramX)
> that'd be fantastic.
>
> This whole Gnome thing is wonderful - I really hope it's as hugely successful
> as
> it deserves to be !!

you can use GNOME-DB (http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-db) grid
widget.
 And you'll make your application DBMS-independent, since gnome-db
supports
PostgreSQL, ODBC, MySQL, Oracle, Interbase, Sybase, and others which are
in
development.

If you don't want to use GNOME-DB, you can still look at the grid widget
source code, which is in the module gnome-db (in GNOME's CVS), in the
gnome-db/lib/gnome-db-grid.[ch] files.

cheers