Re: GnomeArtists) Future of the icon project

+++ Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 09:56:53AM +0500 +++
Ben FrantzDale e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Glad to hear that you'r back around, evn if it's only to step down.
> I'm not sure if you'r still the person to talk to but over the past few
> months I've been messing with creatin 192x192 coppies of some of the standard
> panel icons. Now that the panel can go up to 128 pixels in size, the 48pxl
> icons just don't cut it. I think I've done a decent job so far...
> (see www.cs.hmc.edu/~befrantz/pix/)
>
> I know someone else has been trying this with the gmc icons here: http://www.bergsoe.dtu.dk/~pbk1807/menu2.html
> but none of those appear to be launcher icons...
>
> Also, earlier this summer I gave all of the gmc icons full alpha shadows
> rather than the antialiased solid black ones. I'll try to get tohse online at the
> above url also.
>
> Any thoguhts on what to do with all these icons?

Filetype icons: Contact Eazel. I think it's Arlo or Susan or maybe
both who are responsible for those. I don't know whether we should
keep bothering about MC.

Launcher icons: Keep them in line and complete them for 2.0. We should
somewhere set up a table/matrix to keep track of them so we'll have
all of them at all sizes. Martin is setting up a framework in
gnome-libs 2.0 which will enable the loaders to always grab the icon
in the nearest size if several versions exist; icon theming will also
be in the 2.0 libraries.

We need an official icon master. Definitely.

mawa
--
(Speaking of Beethoven's Ode to Joy:) This is certainly great music to
blow things up by!