Re: CD ROM and Floppy icons won't disappear

> George Farris <george gmsys com> writes:
>
> > You just can't ask a user coming from the Windows would to mount and
> > unmount floppy disks.  They don't like it.  Heck I don't even like it
> > and I've been using Unix for over 10 years.  It's good to have on the
> > server but not on the desktop.
>
> I recommend to recommend to use the mtools collection.  Not graphical
> but user/customers are happy with mcopy.

Mtools is great for me but windows users don't understand it and quite
frankly shouldn't have to.  Imagine them in Gnumeric editing their
spreadsheet and now they want to save it to the floppy.  There is no way
in hell they will ever figure out mcopy.  The floppy drive needs to be
an option in the file dialog just like it is in windows.   Your asking
people to drop into command line mode and it just ain't gonna happen.

Mtools is not the solution.

George Farris - VE7FRG           E-Mail : george gmsys com