Re: Pan issues

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 08:27:23AM -0400 or thereabouts, Poletti, Don wrote:
> Has anybody else read the pan homepage. It says they lost
> a law suit to the RIAA becasue pan enable people to
> download and decode mp3 from newgroups. It just seems
> kinda sur-real to me becasue this seems even more
> removed from piracy than napster and I haven't seen it
> in the news anywhere.

Pan make a habit of interspersing release announcemnts with silly
stuff like that. I don't particularly care for it myself: I think
it leads to confusion we don't need. I just take anything on their
home page which looks odd with a large grain of salt these days.

On the other hand, the commit messages of the pan guys entertain
me :) ("Want to get your name in the credits! Report a bug! Thanks
to: <long list>")

> Also is Pan part of helix'x distribution? will I be able to
> get 0.9 from helix update soon? IS there a way I can tell if
> a particular package is part of helix or not?

Hop onto the Helix ftp site and look for it there?

Telsa