Re: Prioritisation of Gnome components/apps/utils

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 11:27:26AM +0100, Shane OConnor - Sun Ireland - Desktop Applications So114533 Middleware - Software Engineer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing the Gnome componenets/apps (e.g. gedit, emacs, gcalc, etc) and am
> trying to prioritise these Gnome components/apps into set groups based on the
> following criterion and from a users perspective:

I'm assuming you are asking which apps we *personally* use, rather
than those we think ought to be in each category? That said, here is
what I use:

> P1 = Components/apps that are used frequently on a daily basis

Panels with many applets
Galeon
emacs (not GNOME)
gnome-terminal

> P2 = Components/apps that are used infrequently on a daily basis

spruce
gnome help browser
Nautilus
gnumeric
xchat

> P3 = Components/apps that are used on a weekly basis

gftp
gcalc