Re: Tasklist doesn't redraw after window is destroyed

On Wed, 04 Oct 2000, Dmitri Pogosyan wrote:

> Yes,  desk guide crashed on me a couple of times too
> (boy was I surprised, never saw this before !)
> In my case - when I as reading an e-mail with balsa and some
> dialog windows to change fonts appeared.
>
> I have similar configuration as others reported:
>
> sawfish-0.31
> gnome-core-1.2.2.1-helix
>
> It started crashing only after upgrade of the gnome-core.
> With the same version of sawfish and gnome-core-1.2.2-helix
> everything was stable.   So I guess it is widow shading feature
> in new desk guide which crashes it.  I did not test in detail
> disabling of 'fill window thumbnails with content' feature,
> but I belive it would be stable.

It looked like any change to the program window (font size,
even closing a window) would crash the applet when I first upgraded.

I turned off was "Fill in window thumbnails with screen contents"

I haven't seen the applet crash since.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net