Re: Desktop Guide Shading

On  4 Oct, SoloCDM wrote:
> Elliot Lee wrote:

>> > IMHO, some of the relationships between the various GTK widgets are
>> > documented a bit poorly. (For example, it turns out that the foreground
>> > colors for the GtkMenuShell class are governed by the GtkLabel
>> > class--the upshot being that you can't tweak menu text colors without
>> > impacting every other text color in the theme.)
>>
>> An explanation:
>>
>>         Things like GtkButton & GtkMenuItems are just generic containers that
>>         can hold any other type of widget. The most common case is of
>>         course for them to hold labels, but they can also hold things
>>         like pixmaps, check boxes, and other random widgets. The text
>>         color therefore has to be set on the label widget, while the
>>         background has to be set on the menu item that holds that label.
>>
>>         (GtkMenuShell is the parent class of GtkMenu and GtkMenuBar, which
>>         both act as containers, usually for GtkMenuItems).
>
> Are all the gtk references referring to file lines/labels within a
> file; if so, would someone list the filenames needing the intended
> editing?

The Gtk(Widget) references occur within a gtkrc file, such as ~/.gtkrc
or within a theme, e.g. ~/.themes/MyTheme/gtk/gtkrc. For system-wide
themes, they can be found as $PREFIX/share/themes/ThemeName/gtk/gtkrc

This should give you a head start . . .

Barthel
--
   ld_barthel yahoo com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063
gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5  86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E

Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?