Re: [SOLUTION] panel site defaults

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 08:56:08PM +0100, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:
> > To make a long story very short, making it work and copying the default
> > panel setup to each new user has a problem in that the Applet_Config file
> > (in panel.d/default/) has some absolute paths in it - oops.  This too can
> > be worked around simply by replacing the home directory with #HOMEDIR# or
> > something and then performing sed magic as the file gets copied.  Not the
> > most elegant solution, but effective for the purpose.
>
> For those of us which are not speaking sed scripting fluently and won't
> invent the wheel again: has someone done this before and is willing to
> deal his/her code with us?

sed -e "s}#HOMEDIR#}$HOME}g" \
    $HOME/.gnome/panel.d/default/Applet_Config.in \
    > $HOME/.gnome/panel.d/default/Applet_Config

I found it easier just to copy all the files (including the .in file) to
~/.gnome and then parse it once it was there.  You could use other shell
magic to find all .in files after you copy or something like that if you
have more than one.  I don't, so I just do this.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd debian org>               GnuPG key 1024D/DCF9DAB3

<Knghtbrd> joeyh now has a terminal at the couch?
<Knghtbrd> That guy is wired, I swear  =>
<doogie> Knghtbrd: laptop
<doogie> and I don't mean the cats.